Every visitor to the Internet knows that cute kitty videos and images get plenty of attention. So do great headlines! In fact, a great headline is one of the most crucial parts of a blog or article.do great headlines! In fact, a great headline is one of the most crucial parts of a blog or article.
Many Internet veterans are familiar with the 4U’s of great Internet Headline Writing. For those of you new to Internet marketing they are:
Unique: Why being unique is vital is that a unique headline catches the reader and if he or she has not seen this type of information, holds them on your page
Useful: If a headline that promises the content below it is useful and then doesn’t deliver, readers will leave the page.
Ultra-specific: What makes specificity in headline writing important for readers is that it helps them information useful to them and reading the content beneath it is more compelling. For example- One Day Sale Tomorrow Only - All Linens 50% Off! It tells the reader what is on sale, when, and how large the discount is - this is very specific.
Best Words to Use in a Headline
Words in a headline that draw people to it and the content include:
- New: 10 New Ways to Save on Grocery Bills!
- Secret: The Secrets of Financial Success
- Now: How to Change Careers Now
- How To: How to Grow Old and Be Healthy
- Shocking: The Shocking Reason Your Auto Insurance is Too High!
- Numbers: 10 Amazing Easy Ways to Write Headlines
So, now that you have the idea, other great words to include in a headline are,
- What, When, or Which
- You & Your
In an article about how important headlines are, Copy Blogger shared some astonishing data, such as,
- Out of 10 people, 8 will read the headline, but only 2 read the copy
- Copywriter Gene Schwartz many times spent a full week writing a headline and the first 50 words of a sales piece.
- The following headline by famed adman David Ogilvy was rewritten 104 times. The epic headline was “ At 60 miles an hour, the only thing you hear in a new Rolls Royce is the ticking of the dashboard clock…"
Do you find writing headlines hard? I prefer to write a headline first and let it light my way to the end of the blog post or the article.
How can I help you develop content that is appealing to readers? Do you need help developing titles that pull readers into your blogs or articles? Do you need help developing content for blog and article? If so, contact me using the form on my contact page, or call me at 916-342-0564.
What Exactly Makes Your Content Quality Content? I have long admired Alicia's work as a freelance writer.
Alicia's passion is helping new writers learn freelancer success secrets and helping content buyers choose the best freelancer that they can hire.
Get to know more about her and her services at aliciaradeswriter.com, where you can download her free Which Freelance Blogger Should I Hire? worksheet.